Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for
Personnel & Readiness
Office Of The Executive Director
Manpower and Reserve Affairs
Office of Force Resiliency (OFR)
Defense Human Resources Activity
Everything we do must done with quality and value in mind.
We must never forget that without people, none of this works. People are the center of gravity and everything we do is aimed to ensure they stay ready, so our nation is not caught trying to get ready for whatever comes next.
Our work must be underscored with honesty, reliability, and trustworthiness. We take responsibility and accountability for the good and the bad, whether it is with our teams or with our stakeholders. We do what we say we will.
We have several stakeholders both internal and external to the Department. It is imperative that we work together and develop a habit of asking “who else should be at the table?”
We work in a way that is welcoming and inclusive, appreciate what each of us brings to the table, recognize our teammates for their contributions, and treat each other with dignity and respect. This is how we promote a positive work culture where people feel valued and maximize their autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
Purpose – Vision – Mission
To support and enable the people who serve in defense of our nation. People feel valued and maximize their autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
A diverse, reslilient, and ready DoD community.
We are on a mission to ensure a strong, adaptable, and ready force supported through exceptional policy, programs, and services.
CHANGE THE CULTURE
1. Promote military readiness by decreasing the prevalence of sexual assault and other readiness-detracting behavior
2. Inculcate diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) principles across all DoD efforts
3. Ensure Service members and families are protected against bias and discrimination
PROMOTE THE HEALTH, WELLBEING AND SAFETY OF THE FORCE AND FAMILIES
1. Maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the Military Health System
2. Expand childcare availability and opportunities
3. Increase the number of occupational licensure compacts and expand the number of professions covered by State compacts
CULTIVATE TALENT MANAGEMENT
1. Reimagine the DoD workforce 2. Reform current civilian hiring practices to shorten the average timeline to hire new Department employees
3. Undertake comprehensive reform of the Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program and ensure proper oversight of the overall program
ADVANCE STRATEGIC READINESS
1. Refine and expand the framework that incorporates strategic readiness implications into Presidential Drawdown Authority (PDA) resourcing decisions
2. Assess and provide recommendations for readiness measurement and reporting
3. Execute and institutionalize the Strategic Readiness Assessment
4. Institute a Defense training governance process
5. Ensure medical strategic readiness