Military Community & Family Policy Mission Statement
Empower and support our military community and family to thrive.
A high performing, tenacious team...people focused, people centered, people always.
Specifically, the Deputate performs the following functions:
- Provides for family support policies and programs in such areas as family center operations, child care, youth programs, family advocacy, relocation, transition support services, and support during mobilization and deployment (including casualty affairs).
- Provides policy and management direction for dependants' education programs stateside and overseas to ensure that educational services are of uniformly high quality.
- Establishes program policy for mission sustaining and basic community programs for Morale, Welfare, and Recreation, Voluntary and Post-Secondary Education and coordinates the services of non-profit agencies such as the Red Cross, Armed Services, YMCA, and the USO.
- Provides policy and program oversight to ensure that military community quality of life programs are designed and executed to support the needs of the post-drawdown force and the Defense mission.
- Coordinates the DoD oversight of the Armed Forces Retirement Home Board.